Erasmus of Rotterdam (1465 or 1469 – 1536), the son of a priest and his housekeeper, was a sophisticated scholar, eminent humanist, pacifist, theologian, philologist and educator who lived and worked in the Netherlands, France, Italy, England, Switzerland and Germany.
A European Union programme directed at students and teachers in tertiary education (universities, colleges, conservatories) is named for this European.
Within the framework of this programme, students can study for between three and twelve months at one of our partner institutes. Through the application of ECTS points and the conclusion of an advance recognition contract, credit for examinations by the home institute can be guaranteed, so that the duration of a complete course of study does not have to be extended.
Teachers can use this programme to hold workshops at a partner institute or for their own continuing education – for further information, see ‘Outgoing’.
The Joseph Haydn Conservatory is a member of the AEC (Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen),which represents the interests of music education institutions, develops courses of study for music education in various countries, promotes networking among individual institutions and provides a voice for general cultural concerns in Brussels. The AEC also runs the website doremifasocrates– this link leads to a registration page showing information about and presentations of projects from various European music education institutions as well as accounts by their students.
- The Joseph Haydn Conservatory’s Erasmus Coordinator is Prof. Mag. Gabriel Guillen. Contact: email@example.com.
- The National Agencyfor Erasmus and Educationis responsible for handling the Erasmus programme in Austria.
- Information about visa and residence requirements can be found on the website of the Austrian Academic Exchange Service.
- For further reading: Erasmus-Charta– the international strategy of the Joseph Haydn Conservatory.
- You can find more information about the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union here.
- Here you can learn everything about the project VOXearlyMUS.
- Here you can learn everything about the project Haydn, the progressive.